- Other people have discouraged you. The people closest to you think you can’t achieve your dream or they think it’s too risky.
- Fear of being disappointed and hurt. The worst thing that can happen when you pursue your dream is not reaching it, but think about what you’ll learn along the way! And often the journey is more important than the actual attainment of your dream as dreams can evolve and change over time. But if you don’t go after your dream you have absolutely no chance of obtaining it!
- You’ve gotten in the habit of settling for being average. “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” – Columnist Maureen Dowd. It’s impossible to be mediocre while pursuing your dream. While working on your dream you will stretch and grow.
- Lack of Confidence. Confidence is like a muscle, you can develop it. “Real confidence comes from knowing and accepting yourself – your strengths and limitations-in contrast to depending on the affirmation of others, from the outside.” – Management consultant Judith Bardwick.
- Lack of Imagination. “Imagination is the soil that brings a dream to life.” – John C. Maxwell. Don’t worry if you lack imagination its never too late to learn how to dream. “Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.” Dale Turner.
Okay, so you’ve determined that you have a dream, what do you do next? Answer the following questions to determine the odds of achieving your dream:
- Ownership: Is the dream really your dream?
- Clarity: Do you have a clear vision of your dream?
- Reality: Are you depending on factors within your control to achieve your dream?
- Passion: Are you passionate about your dream?
- Pathway: Do you have a strategy to reach your dream?
- People: Have you included the people you need to achieve your dream?
- Cost: Are you willing to pay the price for your dream?
- Tenacity: Are you moving closer to your dream?
- Fulfillment: Does working toward your dream bring you satisfaction?
- Significance: Does your dream benefit others?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions or at least the majority of them, you have a pretty good chance of achieving your dream!
I can help you overcome your fears and create an action plan to help you achieve your dream, join my upcoming mastermind “Put Your Dream To The Test,” starting Tuesday June 7th, 7pm. Register here.